included is 1.5 lb tomatillos, one large jalapeno, two cloves of garlic, two small onions, a small bunch cilantro and half of a lime.
How to Make the Salsa Verde
- Heat broiler: Move oven rack about 4-inch below broiler element. Preheat broiler to high heat.
- Roast tomatillos and jalapeño: Place tomatillos and jalapeño on a baking sheet then place in oven and roast about 4 – 5 minutes until charred on top (keep a close eye on things as they can char pretty quickly – especially the pepper)
- Turn and continue to roast: Rotate veggies to opposite side and roast until charred on opposite side, about 3 – 5 minutes longer.
- Add ingredients to food processor: Slice pepper (or halve then remove seeds) then add to a food processor along with onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, sugar, lime juice, water and tomatillos (and any juices on pan).
- Blitz to a coarse texture: Pulse several times to a coarse puree. Stir in more water to thin if desired. Serve warm as a topping or chill through in refrigerator to use as a chip dip.